Your privacy is important to Villa Paradiso Farms so we’ve developed a
and store your personal information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information VPS may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an VP registration, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, register for a tour at VP, connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
- When you send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in VP services or forums, VP may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. VP will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up an account, managing reservations, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on VP’s latest product announcements and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences on the VP website.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may also use your personal information for account and security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of VP account holders. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with VP, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve VP’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at VP or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at VP, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how VP handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
Source of your personal information where they are
not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using VP products, sent gift certificates and products, or invited you to participate in VP services or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating an VP account with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
If you are a potential candidate for employment with VP, we may have received your personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the personal information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us your personal information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy. For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as zip code, area code, location, and the time zone where VP product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Apple may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the VP website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times VP may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help VP market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. VP does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. For example, when you purchase, you authorize VP to exchange the information you provide during the purchase process to carry out the purchase.
VP shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, credit card processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever VP operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for VP to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
VP takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by Apple, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. With the exception when we utilize third-party storage. When you use some VP products, services, or applications or post on an VP forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your VP account. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if VP is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from VP information about the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose. You can exercise your rights through an authorized agent by providing relevant details to allow sign in to your account. If you cannot access Apple’s online tools, you or your agent can make a request to [email protected]
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the safety of children. Children under the age of 21 are not permitted to create their own VP account
VP websites, products and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
If you purchase a subscription, we create an account ID that is unique to you which we use to provide reports that include information about the subscription you purchased.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to VP employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.